Having teeth that have been chipped, or broken, or even fractured requires care and maintenance through the means of dental care. The use of dental crowns for the same to make sure that your teeth are healthy looking and perfectly aligned is feasible. Dental crowns are calling in the shape of a tooth that can be fixed over your teeth to save you the embarrassment of hiding your smiles. Crowns are made out porcelain, and their main purpose is to not just give us the smiles that we deserve, but also support our dental aesthetics.
- The most important thing to know about dental crowns is that they are customized, according to each person and their specific dental aesthetics. They accurately tend to resemble the naturality and originality of one’s teeth, regarding their shape and size and color.
- The dental crowns can be made out of porcelain, which is a preferable material for this purpose because it can resemble the color of one’s teeth perfectly. However, there are more options as well- gold, ceramic or even stainless steel.
- Dental crowns, if taken care of properly could last for about a decade or about 15 years. Though they are sensitive, still one could ensure that their longevity is directly proportional to the dental hygiene maintained.
- Dental crowns are not prone to get both- dental caries and cavities. However, this does not mean that one could stop taking care of their dental hygiene.
The teeth whitening procedure would not work for your dental crowns. The whitening treatment is meant for your natural teeth only.
- Dental crowns are a boon today to the field of dentistry, however, it should be noted that dental crowns have been a part of mankind since the 700 BC. The first ones were invented by Etruscans. These were made out gold.
- It should be noted that the porcelain made dental crowns were created in the 1800s.
- The people who have dental crowns in their mouth need to make sure that they have healthy dietary habits and avoid consuming food items which are hard, and sticky. They should also avoid chewing gums.
- If you are about to choose dental crowns that are made out of metals and alloys, you must make sure that you are not allergic to it.
- Dental crowns do not just enhance our dental aesthetics, but they go ahead and give us the dental health we require. We no longer have to hide our smiles or feel conscious, instead, we could be free.
Book your appointments with the best dentist near Livonia MI and get your dental crowns and shine. Call us- (734) 436-1966. Or visit us- 8810 Middlebelt Road, Livonia, MI 48150.